Atheist

Science vs. Faith / Materialism vs. Idealism: How has everything started to exist, the fundamental question of philosophy!?

Moderator: Club Operations

Atheist

Postby Amir » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:51 am

Some say Omar Khayyam was an agnostic. Of that I cannot be completely sure, but I know he wrote the following:

[i]None answered this; but after silence spake
A vessel of a more ungainly make:
“They sneer at me for leaning all awry;
What? Did the hand of the potter shake?â€
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

mikh kardan

Postby Amir » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:46 pm

Ha Ha Ha….. I love it.

We have a philosopher comedian among our midst.

Okay, I’ll play along.

Do you mean, you never seek god, even in your darkest times?

Never, not once, not ever…God can go to hell (we’ll get to that shortly).

What shook my beliefs was the irreconcilability of the existence of God with the facts of this world.

What facts are those?

You take the good
You take the bad
You take them both
And there you have….

The facts of life….the facts of life.

Quote:
If logic and common sense are used objectively, God’s existence becomes highly questionable.

To exist or not to exist, what difference does it make?

You’ll have to ask Shakespeare that question.

Quote:
Why does evil and calamity exist in our world?

Isn’t it to proof the god exists?

What is proof?

Quote:
Where is God to help us against these evils and calamities?

Isn’t it busy helping those who can help themselves?

Is God an IT now? Did someone castrate him? Did Ahreeman finally do the responsible thing and neuter his pet?

Quote:
If God wants to help but cannot, is he truly omnipotent?

Can he not help?

Can he? Because if he can, he has obviously ignored the “help wantedâ€
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Amir » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:17 pm

I see you are not used to being asked, then I must tell you in the way you appreciate, a typical attitude from a suppressed individual.

Now, why would you want to brand me prior to have any knowledge of me? I can think of a few:

1. Trying to provoke, then receiving punishment to your pleasure.
2. Being an idiot.

Either way looking at it, I see an Iranian with Muslim configuration.

I am quite used to being asked. However, asking a question and being a shitty little smart ass are quite different. Although, I realize that to you they are one and the same. And a smart ass little boy like you deserves only smart ass answers.

Kid, must everything be a game to you?

No. But you look like an amusing game to me.

There you go, heaven belongs to the god. You are sending the god to hell, which is it's own property.

He’s my God, and I’ll send him wherever I want. If you’re searching for your own God, try looking up your ass.

Q: What facts are those?

A: You take the good
You take the bad
You take them both
And there you have....

The facts of life....the facts of life.

The Good and the Bad are from individual point of views. They have no definition/standard. Those good & bad make your life tailor cut individually, pending on how you view them, not necessary applicable on anyone else, "One man's meat is one man's poison"

Dumbo, if you had half a brain you would have realized that my reply was just the lyrics of a song, and not an answer to your “deep thought.â€

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Return to Atheism vs. Religion / Evolution vs. Creation Room