Lay Intellectuals in Pre-Revolutionary Iran (HELP!)

Pahlavi and after (1925 AD - present)

Moderator: Club Operations

Lay Intellectuals in Pre-Revolutionary Iran (HELP!)

Postby Crosimon » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:36 am

Hello, I'm Carlo Simonetti, I'm attending a Master in Political Philosophy in Rome (Italy). I am currently working on my final paper which deals whith the formation of revolutionary conscience in Iran. The exact title in English would be: The Exegesis of a Revolutionary Conscience: The Islamic Revolution in Iran.
I am aware that this is a hot topic but I woluld like to have some informations about the role and history of the Tudeh party and that of other parties, especially the National Movement in creating a revolutionary conscience in Iran.
I have noticed that most books deal with the formation of the clerical culture. I have found two good books though: M. Boroujerdi, Iranians intellectulas and the West and another of Y. Richard, Intelectuels et militants dans le monde musulman. Many books explain the creation of intellectual dicourse and their interraction withn politics only in terms of islamic or anti-islamic.
If there is someone which can advise some books that deal with these topics or that can give me some hints, I would more than grateful.
Thanks to all.
Carlo Simonetti
Crosimon
Private

Postby Ahreeman X » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:54 pm

IPC members:

Whatse matter you people? No one cares to answer this kid? He? You thinke your a bige salamis or pasta fazule (Italian Accent)?

Dear Carlo:

I love your spirit, You are so funny! I love playing with this kid! You're kiddin, right? Before I answer your question, I go & write a book with this subject:

Reasons for the birth of Islamic Republic of Iran?

I will publish it online & offline as a hard copy, sell it & make a bunch of money! What you're asking, can be answered via a book! I would also get a front capital from the publisher. I am sure they would be glad to @ least fork over $10,000.00 up front. Still interested for an answer?

If so, then you might want to search the net & you will find a scattered, badly written, exaggerated pile of articles on this issue, written by various biased writters who disguised the events for their own political party's benefits. You will find the Monarchist version, Tudehist Verison, National Fronts Version, Islamists Version & every other two bit bozo, wanna be author on the net who came up with his own version!

Still interested? Then to be frank with you, I would be the most unbiased, honest historian, which you may find to answer your question! However, I have not written a book about this issue, not yet! But this gives me an idea for a future book!

I tell you what? I am very busy @ the time creating a new website for IPC, but then again if you are really desperate, send me a $10,000.00 Check as a down payment & I start writing!

I hope you got time & you are not in rush, cause with my busy schedule, it might take a year or two!

Oh you are so funny! I love this kid. Italian Kids are so funny! :D

Let me tell you what you are asking me? What you are asking me is similar to asking this question:

What were the causes for the Fall of The Persian Empire?
or
What were the causes for the Fall of The Roman Empire?
or in your case
Reasons for the birth of Islamic Republic of Iran?

I love Italian kids, they are so bright but so funny! You kill me! ](*,)

Now if you be good & behave & promise not to procrastinate next time, then I might come up with only the title punch lines for the reasons, but don't even try to ask for explanations without sending me the Ten Grand first!

So how much time do you have?
If I give you the reasons, this time I will not charge you, but then again you will owe me one! Look @ it this way.......... Let me put my Padrino (GodFather) face & Sicilliano accent on:

They call me Don Ahreeman-e de Sicilliano. If I scratche your back, then you muste scratche my back, capishe? You will owe Don Ahreemane a favor! In the future, I will ask you for that favor & you will do me that favor, capiche? Don'te thinke I cannot finde you! Don Ahreemane is everywhere! World is a small place when you deal with Don Ahreemane, comprende? Bona Bella, Excelente Carlito, my boy! It's muchisimo siempre, simple as a baby's butt, You capiche, no?! Well All righty then!

If you want me to tell you the titles for the reasons, just ask Don Ahreemane de Sicilliano? Dona be shy Carlito me boy?

Kids these days! They kill me! :badgrin:

AX
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Postby Ahreeman X » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:39 am

Carlo:

I hope this can help you.

http://www.iranpoliticsclub.net/club/vi ... .php?t=551

AX
Watcher in the woods