Dialogue of Haj Maloun and Allycat

Discuss various issues & post various subjects, not belonging in any other room, over here. Announce & discuss various cultural events, concerts, shows, plays, movies, seminars, poetry nights, dance parties, standup comedies, gatherings, reunions, soccer & sports events, Persian cuisine & fine dining, love & romance, relationships & marriage & all other general topics here.

Moderator: Club Operations

Postby Lawrence Of Persia » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:37 am

Recently on the SAUDI GIRLS GONE WILD! thread of BARENAKEDISLAM

Allycat wrote: Um, hi. BNI, I am an American Muslim girl. A PROUD American Muslim girl. I don’t agree with everything the Qu’ran says, and neither does my family. I pray five times a day, and on special occasions only do I wear the hijab. I don’t really agree with all of this hate, but I get it. A lot of bad things happen in the countries of the Middle East, and America feels a lot of hate about it. So, I’m not going to preach about my holy book because I know I’m only going to be bashed about it. Kids at school hate when I wear the hijab for Ramadan, and throw stuff at me. They tell me to go back to my desert, but I was born and raised here. BNI, do your thing for your people, I just don’t want you to spread hate where hate doesn’t need to go.

barenakedislam wrote: Ally, there are something like 1.5 billion muslims in the world. This site mostly focuses on the 10% or so causing all the problems.

Allycat wrote: I know, BNI, I know. I like how you recognized that, too, because a lot of people don’t realize that the percentage of Muslims that are actually terrorists are like, 1%. I don’t know if the people who look at this site and follow your opinions realize that either, based off all of the racist comments. Thanks for being respectful towards me.

maloun79 wrote: You seem to be a nice person, ALLYCAT. I would like to have a dialogue with you, but I do not think that this site is the best environment for a polite diSCUSSION.

So I invite you to come to the Iran Politics Club (IPC) forum at http://iranpoliticsclub.net/club/ The IPC forum is divided into 13 "Halls". Each "Hall" contains from 1 to 4 "Rooms". Each "Room" is a discussion board devoted to a particular subject area, e.g. Middle East & the World Room, Islam Room, Modern Iran Room, Poetry & Literature Room, etc.

I will start a topic "Dialogue of Haj Maloun and Allycat" in the General Discussions & Events Room, in the General Hall. I hope to see you there. :)

Dear Allycat,' :yalda:
Welcome to the Iran Politics Club Forum. I'm glad to see you here. :welcome:

I was born in South Africa.
I grew up in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and went to junior school and high school there.
I studied civil engineering at the University of Cape Town.
I worked as a civil engineer in Cape Town, South Africa and Salisbury, Rhodesia (now Harare, Zimbabwe).
Then I went into computer programming and worked as a programmer/analyst in Johannesburg, South Africa before coming to America and working in New York and New Jersey.
I became interested in Islam and Iran in 2001.

What is it like for you, being a young Muslim girl growing up in America?
What Muslim country did your family come from?

Regards,
Haj Maloun
مرگ بر رهبر :skull:
آزادی برای ایران
Lawrence Of Persia
Corporal
Corporal

Return to General Discussions & Events Room