Oil

News, Commentaries & Political Discussions on USA

Moderator: Club Operations

Oil

Postby IPC » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:02 pm

Oil

Friends:

Ahreeman wrote this note, before he left. We will not wait until his returns, so we will publish it now.

Regards,
IPC Office

Folks:

US Global Oil Cartels, formerly known as the infamous 7 Sisters, buy or produce, refine, prepare & deliver the oil for sales. The average total cost of this procedure is about $20 a barrel. Then they turn around & sell the same barrel of oil for an average price of $70 per barrel! This is by average a total sum of $50 profit in the pocket of oil cartels! The total sum of $50 profit on each barrel of oil! Have you ever heard about this type of a mark up & returns? We are talking 250% mark up!

Put in formula:

Total Oil Cost = $20 per barrel
Total Sales price = $70 per barrel
Total profit = Total Sales price - Total Oil Cost
Total profit = $50 per barrel
$50 = 250% Mark Up

And this occurs, while we are @ war with terrorists! This is a step short of Treason! Oil Companies are waiting for any simple excuse to jack up the prices. The high price of gas @ the gas stations has nothing to do with the Iran or the Middle Eastern affairs. It has everything to do with the oil companies' greed.

So next time, when you are cussing out middle easterners @ the gas pumps, please remind yourselves of who is truly responsible for the astronomic price of oil.

President Bush needs to take a firm stand on this issue, conduct investigations & punish these criminals. There are Rules & Regulations to stop these types of business practices. Yes, what oil companies are doing is not practicing capitalism, it is not practicing free markets, it is highway robbery & definitely a crime!

Ahreeman X
Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds (English)
Pendare Nik, Goftare Nik, Kerdare Nik (Modern Persian)
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta (Avestan Persian)
IPC
General
General

Postby Amir » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:32 am

Have you seen the oil companies’ recent profit figures? Wow! These companies are sizzling, they’re so hot. Very few companies out there match how well these guys are doing. Tech companies are relatively flat. American car companies are losing money. Airline companies are beyond pathetic. But oil companies are exploding in this rather mediocre economy.

Why is that, you think?

The global economy, especially that of Asia is driving up the demand for oil. Naturally, a price increase would be anticipated. However, not by the amount we have seen.

Every time something happens, I hear an excuse for why oil prices went up. A hurricane happened….an oil platform exploded….a terrorist blew up a refinery in the middle east…a caribou humped a pipeline in Alaska and it broke…

Excuses are given for why oil prices go up. But supposedly nothing ever happens to fix the refinery, the platform, or the pipeline to bring the prices back down again after the temporary mishap.

I heard that Bush is pledging to look into price gouging by the oil companies. But I’ll believe it when I see the top executives indicted and gas prices drop.
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby paradias me » Fri May 19, 2006 7:45 am

@ IPC

Laughs of loudly. Ahreeman probably does not know much of micro-economics. The price of fossil fuels is not only based upon the costs of production. The price of oil is also based upon the reserves for the future. Imagine if there are 10 billion oil barrels left. The price to make gasoline of these barrels is very low. However, the price will be low because of the high demand and the shortage of supply.

Cartels are indeed prohibited. The authorities just have to do their job if companies make agreements on the number of barrels they produce. Shareholders of Royal Dutch Shell have criticized Shell because they felt that Shell was not investing enough in new oil fields so they can produce more. This story does not support Mister Ahreeman opinion.

@ Amir

“Have you seen the oil companies’ recent profit figures? Wow! These companies are sizzling, they’re so hot. Very few companies out there match how well these guys are doing. Tech companies are relatively flat. American car companies are losing money.â€
paradias me
Private

Return to United States of America Room