Iran Historical Maps Index

Pre Islamic Era (before 651 AD). 8000 years of Persian History, the oldest civilization in the world.

Moderator: Club Operations

Postby Ahreeman X » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:05 pm

The most complete collection of Iran’s Historical, Political, and Natural Maps on Internet.
All the maps you need to educate yourself about the history and geography of Iran, are here.

This one was a huge project, but the Iranian youth are well worth it. I know you history and geography freaks would feed on this one! This is your food! Bon Appetite!

Amir, eat your heart out: Two full pages on Parthian Arsacid Empire!

BTW:
While researching books and net, I dropped by Wikipedia for few various subjects. The complete geography and history section on Iran is full of errors, simply because any bozo can input anything in Wikipedia! For those of you who are quoting and referring to Wikipedia as a valid historical and geographical source, good luck! I always mentioned that an open source encyclopedia simply will not work as a valid source.

PS:
If you notice any design, spelling or other errors in map section, please inform me. Actually if you notice any errors or broken links anywhere in IPC Website, please post in “Comments on IPC Website Room”. As you know I am making a fundamental work and I am a perfectionist but even perfectionists can make mistakes!

Heres your food:

Enjoy,

Iran Maps Index
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/maps/

AX
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Postby Amir » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:22 pm

Nice…very nice.

The listing of the maps by dynasty reminded me of an old article I wrote about a year ago that briefly touched upon most dynasties from an “Iranian vs foreign occupying” perspective. I had forgotten to post it here in IPC, but seeing your maps today made me go dig it up and place it here:

http://www.iranpoliticsclub.net/club/vi ... =5521#5521

PS – Only two pages? Cheapskate!
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Ahreeman X » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:40 am

Amir Arsalan:

I. I was so impressed with your article that I simply had to publish it right away and right now! So I added some graphics to it, formatted it and published it.

II. This took a lot out of me, do you know why? Because I was just done publishing the map section of IPC and that by itself was a grand task, set aside that I had a busy day. But reading your article, how could I deny the readers by not publishing it right away.

III. I like the way your mind works. The logic behind “Who is Iranian?” and “Who is not?” is very logical indeed!

IV. I cannot take credit for the invention of the term “2nd Arab Invasion of Iran”. The first I heard it was by Aryamanesh and the second time I heard it was by Farokhzad in a political speech in London. However I can sincerely take credit for these terms:

2nd Arabo-Islamic Invasion-Occupation of Iran
and
AIOG (Arabo-Islamic Occupational Government)
And
Surely I can take credit for popularizing above terms amongst the Iranian Net community, due to repetitive emphasis on them in my various articles.

V. You brought up a logic that IRI term is not logical because it is neither a republic nor Iranian. So what will you call it? “I”? That won’t do! How about:
Admzad’s Legandary Term,
KIR = Khomeini’s Islamic Republic?

More power to you my friend

Ps:
Now I am getting carpotunnel on my hands, weak fingers and eye burns, due to working 16 hours behind the monitor today! My left testicle (Imam Hussein) is also aching (it is all neurotically connected)!

So, my hands, my fingers, my eyes, and my ball aches! You are partially responsible if I go handicap, blind and ball-less!

Publishing your article was the last draw! Now I am dead for today!

Amen!

AX
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Ice, Ice, Baby

Postby Amir » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:58 pm

Thanks, buddy. As I said before, it is a pleasure to be here in IPC. I noticed that you picked a few of my old articles and published them in the home site. You give me a great honor by recognizing the worthiness of those words.

IV. I cannot take credit for the invention of the term “2nd Arab Invasion of Iran”. The first I heard it was by Aryamanesh and the second time I heard it was by Farokhzad in a political speech in London. However I can sincerely take credit for these terms:

2nd Arabo-Islamic Invasion-Occupation of Iran
and
AIOG (Arabo-Islamic Occupational Government)
And
Surely I can take credit for popularizing above terms amongst the Iranian Net community, due to repetitive emphasis on them in my various articles.

I’m not surprised. I am sure that some of the same information circulates in the community, and even though I didn’t know you or of you at the time that I wrote this article, I am certain that you played a role in my hearing the term “second Islamic invasion of Iran.” As you and I think alike in many ways, I’m sure that we both ran with the concept as soon as it hit us. In any case, as I am convinced that you have served a large role in propagating this message until it reached me via a third party I thank you.

II. This took a lot out of me, do you know why? Because I was just done publishing the map section of IPC and that by itself was a grand task, set aside that I had a busy day.

We all enjoy putting an effort in what we believe in, and the fruit of its completion is reward enough. I speak for myself, but if I know you as well as I think I do, then I probably also speak for you.

Regardless, it is always encouraging when others with a similar view appreciate and enjoy our work. I certainly get pleasure from knowing that others appreciate my writing. Similarly, so must you. Therefore, know that we realize that you are a very busy guy and you work tirelessly, and your hard work is greatly appreciated and admired by myself as well as countless others.

It’s obvious that you put a tremendous energy into the compilation of the maps as well as your compilation of the flags. It was no small feat. You ache, you hurt, you pain, you bleed, you cry doing it. But I bet what will charge up your batteries like fresh again and send your ass right back to work is knowing how much your work is appreciated.

So now that I put some watermelons under your arms, get happy and be on your way. Put some Ben-Gay on your fingers and hands, some Visine in your eyes, an ice pack on your balls (ice, ice, baby) and get back to work!

V. You brought up a logic that IRI term is not logical because it is neither a republic nor Iranian. So what will you call it? “I”? That won’t do! How about:
Admzad’s Legandary Term,
KIR = Khomeini’s Islamic Republic?

I have had no direct contact with Admzad, but I can see that he is an intelligent guy and more importantly, has a sense of humor. I like that in a person. One can’t live life without humor. Life without humor is just a chore.

Anyways, as I said IRI is a misnomer, both in terms of the term Iran as well as the term Republic. The only correct term in there is Islamic. But as you said, Islamic is no way to specify this regime when trying to communicate with others since it is not specific enough. So I had to make a concession of which to drop (Iran or Republic) and still have it be recognized by others as the current regime. Though Republic is misrepresentative, I would rather refer to it as Republic than include the term Iran in there. I can stand the insult to the concept of Republic, but I can’t stand the insult to the name of Iran.

So, as I said, since I wrote this article I have always referred to this monstrosity as the IR instead of the IRI. Admzad’s acronym of KIR is just as flawed as my IR, since it too has the word Republic in it. I suppose KI would be more correct – Khomeini’s Islam; which in actuality is no different than just plain Islam, leading us again back to the only true description of this regime, which is Islam, and leaving us with just an “I.”

In practicality, I will continue to refer to it as IR. However, if you are looking for a conceptually correct way of referring to this abomination, refer to the title of the article. It is “Islamic Barbarian Theocracy.”

IBT is a very correct description of the current regime. Every word applies. Obviously, the fact that it is Islamic needs no further explanation.

I suppose that the term Barbarian is also implied within the context of mentioning Islam, and may be considered repetitive. However, it does serve a further purpose in my mind. That barbarism is in sharp contrast to Iran’s pre-islamic history and the essence of Iran. The barbarism further explains to many that already don’t know it the fact that Islam is anti-civilization, anti-social, anti-progression, anti-humanity, anti-morality, anti-law, anti-order, anti-compassion. Islam is the antithesis of the Iranian culture, way of life, and civilization. In this way, when I hear the word “barbaric” the antonym of Iran comes to my mind, as I have intended it to trigger the same thought in anyone who refers to the regime as IBT.

The last term, Theocracy is also significant as it pertains to the regime. Although Islam dictates theocracy as a way of life, it had not been practiced as such for centuries up until 1979. Then, a reversion to the practice of theocracy re-emerged like a weed. As you know, the current regime is the only theocracy in the world. As such, the term Theocracy is very specific to the current regime in occupation of Iran.

I realize that IBT may be very accurate, but may not be as understandable in the community’s conventional language. It is for that reason that I have not been going around calling it IBT, but IR, lest I have to give a long explanation of the term. Come to think of it, perhaps convention and implied understanding are what we make them to be, by emphasizing a term repeatedly and explaining it repeatedly until others too understand and use it, thereby turning it from obscurity into convention.
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Return to Persian Empire Room