Pictorial History of Iranian Military Uniforms

Post the complete text of your books & articles here. Do not only link to them. If your book has already been published in the IPC Website then you can link to it.

Moderator: Club Operations

Postby Ahreeman X » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:50 pm

8000 Years of Illustrated Military History
Book in 23 Chapters
Ahreeman X
February 23, 2012 (2571 Shahanshahi)

How the Book came to Life?

Hello Folks:

They ask me how come you disappear a season at a time?
I answer Business, Political and Personal life as usual.
They ask me where have you been this season?
I answer this time it was 2 months of elections (US Politics), Opposition (Iranian Politics), Business and Private Life and then it was 2 months of hard work writing this book.

When I write a book (the same as when I travel around United States or around the world) I concentrate on my writing and I ignore every other element including but not limited to reading my mail, checking my e-mail, answering the phone, surfing on the net, or even taking showers and shave (just kidding do not panic!).

I wrote many books, series and articles before. Check:

Iran Online English Library
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/library/eng ... /index.htm

Iran History
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/history/index.htm

But none of them like this one took so much of my time. To be frank with you, this book truly took a lot out of me and I mean “A Lot”! For 2 months I have been working on this book.

Writing, illustrating, graphic designing, compiling images, scanning images, enhancing images, digitalizing and photo shopping images, programming, web designing, and finally publishing this document was truly exhausting.

It was not just writing 23 chapters but actually creating 23 chapters of digitally illustrated “Pictorial History of the Iranian Military Uniforms” during past 8000 years of the Iranian History! Imagine what kind of motivation, effort and hard work was needed to do this task day in and day out for 2 months! This book practically killed me!

I always wanted to do this project. I was planning to do this project as a grand project since a decade ago but I made a pact with myself to either do it right as a perfectionist or do not do it at all. There are plenty of garbage all over Internet so there would be no need for yet another piece of garbage! So I simply had to find time and motivate myself to do this grand project. After a decade, I have finally managed to find time to keep my promise to myself! Finally I found time and motivation to do this project right and do it to the best of my ability to perfection.

To actually do this project was to do it myself because if I wanted it to be perfect, then I had to do every aspect of it myself. As you know I am an obsessive compulsive perfectionist, so to do a grand task such as this in to perfection, I had to do it all by myself.

Today when it was all done, I took a breath, sat back on my large and comfortable black leather office chair which has been my best friend, comforter, lover, buddy and pal for the past 2 months and I told myself:

“Finally it is all done! Now I can get back to life! I can’t believe that I have actually done it! It will be a long time until I take on doing another project such as this! A long time indeed …….”

But you know what?
It was all well worth it.
I done this for the:
* Young Future Generation of Iran
* Military History Lovers
And
* Lovers of Iran

All 3 groups deserve to read this book, enjoy and get enlightened by it. When they enjoy every page and every chapter, every line and every image, then that is the best reward for me. Their satisfaction and your satisfaction is my goal.

Most of all my goal is to educate the young generation to the rich history and culture of Iran. History must be told in a fun way, juicy exciting writing combined with colorful illustrations. To keep the youth’s attention, one must make history exiting rather than telling the same old tales!

As a Scientific Historian I have chosen a different path writing this book. Traditional Historians do not get it and they will never get it and I do not care to make them understand it, simply because my goal is to make the Young Iranians, High Schoolers, College Students and the Student Movement to read my works and to gain information about the true history of Iran.

I could be careless about what the Traditional Historians, the Jurassic Dinosaurs, the Bang O Salavat Pile Upers, Cheesy Iranian TV Hosts Wanna be Historians, and Geriatric Old Farts and Elders of the Iranian Community in Exile and Inxile do think of me and my work.

I write what I write and I write it for hundreds of thousands of my “Young” readers inside and outside Iran. They read IPC because they can trust IPC. They read IPC because IPC is the most reliable and the largest Iranian Website online. IPC is an Iranian media which can be trusted (a breath of fresh air!).

I only do what I do for the Student Movement which will build the future of Iran. That is all that I care about. The rest is history ….

Well Happy Persian Cultural Month to all of you and to all of us.

Persian Cultural Month, an IPC Tradition ….

For more information of the Persian Cultural Month, read:

Persian Cultural Month
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/movement/pe ... /index.htm

Why Persian Imperial Year (PIY) Calendar?
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/culture-lan ... /index.htm

Why Change Persian Alphabet from Tazi to Latin?
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/culture-lan ... /index.htm

Persian Latin Alphabet
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/library/per ... /index.htm

Pictorial History of the Iranian Military Uniforms (23 Chapters)

Now are you ready?
Let’s Roll!
Dig in and enjoy,

Consider this book as your present for the:

2012 (2571 Shahanshahi) Persian Cultural Month (Month of March):

Pictorial History of the Iranian Military Uniforms (23 Chapters)
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/photos/U01- ... /index.htm

Amen!

Dr. X
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

How the Book Images were made?

Postby Ahreeman X » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:45 am

How the Book Images were made?

Folks:

I received various e-mails from history enthusiasts on how the images were made? Instead of answering them separately under the “E-mails to Ahreeman” Thread, I will answer them combinely over here.

Each image was made in 3 manners depending on where was the origin of the image:

I. Offline Images (From my books)

II. Online Images (From the web)

III. Designed Images (My Designs)

In each case I will technically elaborate about the procedure:

I. Offline Images (From my books)

Selected
Gathered
Scanned
Formatted
Digitalized
Resized
Enhanced
Photo Shopped
Graphic Designed
Web Designed
Published

II. Online Images (From the web)

Selected
Gathered
Formatted
Resized
Enhanced
Photo Shopped
Redesigned
Web Designed
Published

III. Designed Images (My Designs)

Designed
Digitalized
Formatted
Resized
Graphic Designed
Enhanced
Photo Shopped
Web Designed
Published

Software Used

I. Kodak AiO
II. Microsoft Image
III. Microsoft Paint
IV. Adobe Photo Shop
V. Adobe Fireworks
VI. Adobe Dreamweaver
VII. Microsoft Notepad (HTML)

Sources are named on Chapter 23 or on each image.

That is how I done it and I do this system not only with this project but this is my method with all images published in IPC. As you can see, it was a long procedure, specifically with a knit picking perfectionist like me! I hope that answered your questions and curiosity.

Cheers
AX
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Postby Atusa Qajar » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:59 pm

I love this:

Grand Admiral Artemisia with Xerxes the Great - Original Version

and I love this:

Artemisia Halicarnassus the Achaemenian Grand Admiral of the Mighty Persian Navy with her famous Messenger Hunting Falcon

:Rockon:
I am a Liberated Woman.
I am a Danger to Islam and Muslims.
Atusa Qajar
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Postby IPC » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:00 am

Happy Persian Cultural Month

Keep our culture alive

Piruz Bashid
Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds (English)
Pendare Nik, Goftare Nik, Kerdare Nik (Modern Persian)
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta (Avestan Persian)
IPC
General
General

Return to Books & Articles Room