Bertrand Russell, Amir Arsalan & Encoding!

Post your comments or issues on IPC Club's Halls (Forum Groups) & Rooms (Forums) & express your opinion on their articles & other contents.

Moderator: Club Operations

Bertrand Russell, Amir Arsalan & Encoding!

Postby Ahreeman X » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:54 pm

Russell, Arsalan and Encoding!
Bertrand Russell, Amir Arsalan and Encoding!

Dear Good Fellow Amir: :badgrin:

I did not want to post this under the proper topic of Yours

Tribute To Bertrand Russell
http://www.iranpoliticsclub.net/club/vi ... php?t=1165

Because you did not want anyone to post comments over there until your tribute is over.

Few issues:

I. Go over your topic thread (all parts) and even all your posts in IPC. You will see

Some are written in European ISO encoding (That is how it should be)
Some are in Unicode UHF encoding

This causes problems. Normally the encoding should be on European ISO, that’s why half of your writings looks like Gibberish (as we discussed before).

The funny thing is that you keep on switching back and forth. Maybe the Missus and Kiddies are playing tricks on you! Your encoding keeps on changing as a pattern in your posts.

Will you stick with wither one?

If you want to change things, then change everything to European Windows ISO.
Not everyone knows about encoding, so your writings to English readers looks like Gibberish.
Half your writings to Persian Readers in Iran are also looking like Gibberish!
Listen Good Fellow,
Make up your mind?

If I was you, I would change my encoding to European ISO and keep it that way. Afterall IPC is an English site so that would be the logical way to go.

The reason that I noticed this, is because I was reading it because after you get done, eventually I am thinking to publish it in the site. But the tribute is fragged with gibberish. Then I switched encoding, but you also switched encoding too! It is like cat and mouse game!

II. I also wanted to mention to you to divide your lengthy posts in to half, so you will not stretch the page and distort it. Do you see how the page to your tribute is broken vertically? It is because of lengthy posts. If you make shorter posts, it will also be easier to upload for readers, specifically inside Iran. Of course I did not expect you to know this, because you are also Technically Challenged (like many other members)! So this is the guide:

Every time you are posting lengthy posts or picture posts, try to divide the text to few posts and keep the image posts to 25 images per posts. So in other words, divide your posts to shorter posts. Of course Liberator knows this and it is his job (Moderator) to tell you about these things!

This would get the pages to load up fast, especially for non-cable users (inside Iran).

III. I also wanted to let you know that soon The Library will be published:

IPC Persian and English Library both.
There will be many books by Bertrand Russell in it.

IPC Persian Library will be the most complete one on the net. Every book banned inside Iran will be in there!

IV. I also notice Bertrand Russell’s effect on your writings, belief system and behavior.
Now it all makes sense! Same as the way your Parthian roots were effective in your psyche and posts, now I can sense that your Russellian Studies are also effective in your psyche and posts!

I am beginning to see the roots of your thought patterns (Parthian, Russellian, etc.)

For instance, your somewhat Anti War, Anti Bloodshed, Anti Nuclear beliefs comes from Russell.

Step by step, pieces of Arsalan Puzzle are coming together for me!

Dr. Amir Arsalan, that would be all for now.

That’s all folks

Adios
AX
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Postby Amir » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:51 pm

Dear Good Fellow Amir:

I did not want to post this under the proper topic of Yours

Tribute To Bertrand Russell
http://www.iranpoliticsclub.net/club/vi ... php?t=1165

Because you did not want anyone to post comments over there until your tribute is over.

Thank you, friend. I really do appreciate that you made your comments in a separate thread. It shows you are intelligent, you pay attention to the actual post (my specific request), and you have class.

In another forum, halfway through my posts a Jesus Freak could not contain himself any longer and felt compelled to jump in like an idiot and start refuting my article with nonsense. Though I am usually a nice guy, I had to rip him a new one before continuing.

I. Go over your topic thread (all parts) and even all your posts in IPC. You will see

Some are written in European ISO encoding (That is how it should be)
Some are in Unicode UHF encoding

I am aware of this. Actually, I became aware after our prior conversation on the matter. That’s why since then I have set my computer to only Western European. All my posts since then have been in Western European.

This causes problems.

My apologies.

The funny thing is that you keep on switching back and forth. Maybe the Missus and Kiddies are playing tricks on you! Your encoding keeps on changing as a pattern in your posts.

Actually, since I became aware of the encoding issue, I have stuck with Western European only. I have not switched back.

Will you stick with wither one?

I am, baba, velam kon.

I realize the problem, but again, all my prior posts in that thread were done before I was aware of the problem. I don’t know how to change the first few posts back to Western European now that I’ve already posted them. Unless, I delete them all, and then repost them. Is that what you want me to do? You want to create more work for me? Fine!

It is like cat and mouse game!

Meeeeoooooowwww.

II. I also wanted to mention to you to divide your lengthy posts in to half, so you will not stretch the page and distort it. Do you see how the page to your tribute is broken vertically?

Actually, I don’t know what you’re talking about. The page looks fine to me. Nothing is broken or distorted.

I realize that the posts are long. I thought about subdividing them, but I figured it would be a little too distracting. That’s because the thread itself is already subdivided into various parts based on each of Russell’s works. I am not too fond of subdividing a thread that is already divided into different parts, and I don’t really know where to make the break. But if it will make you happy, and you’ll stop bitching at me, then I’ll arbitrarily sub-divide the longer threads. Khoobe?

There will be many books by Bertrand Russell in it.

That’s excellent. My favorite is “Religion and Science.” Once I am done with a few more of his shorter articles, I’m going to continue my thread with chapters from that book. I can’t wait.

IV. I also notice Bertrand Russell’s effect on your writings, belief system and behavior.
Now it all makes sense! Same as the way your Parthian roots were effective in your psyche and posts, now I can sense that your Russellian Studies are also effective in your psyche and posts!

I am beginning to see the roots of your thought patterns (Parthian, Russellian, etc.)

For instance, your somewhat Anti War, Anti Bloodshed, Anti Nuclear beliefs comes from Russell.

Actually, to be honest with you, I became aware of Russell’s works only after I had already reached many of the same conclusions while unaware of him. But once I read his work, I was filled with enthusiasm, because he explained more eloquently and in better detail what I had already suspected and deduced. So of course, I embraced his work.

But let me tell you, I don’t agree with everything he said. War is a tricky subject, isn’t it? We all know of its evils and horrors. Yet, we all know that sometimes it is unavoidable. But I’ll expand on that in another article, perhaps.

Thank you for considering this tribute to be worthy of publication. If you’re waiting for me to finish it, though, you should be prepared to wait for quite a while. I am not nearly done with it. But once I am done, I will make it clear that I am, so that you’re not second guessing. And at that time, I welcome comments by one and all within that thread, whether of praise or criticism.
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Amir » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:36 pm

X-man,

I hear you like to view history as a science. I think that’s excellent. Anything that’s worth anything must be put to the test of science.

Now, I thought you might enjoy these words by Russell, stating the same regarding philosophy:

“ I have been accused of a habit of changing my opinions … I am not myself in any degree ashamed of that habit. What physicist who was already active in 1900 would dream of boasting that his opinions had not changed during the last half century? … The kind of philosophy that I value and have endeavoured to pursue is scientific, in the sense that there is some definite knowledge to be obtained and that new discoveries can make the admission of former error inevitable to any candid mind. For what I have said, whether early or late, I do not claim the kind of truth which theologians claim for their creeds. I claim only, at best, that the opinion expressed was a sensible one to hold at the time … I should be much surprised if subsequent research did not show that it needed to be modified. Such opinions were not intended as pontifical pronouncements, but only as the best I could do at the time towards the promotion of clear and accurate thinking. Clarity, above all, has been my aim."
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Ahreeman X » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:12 pm

Amir:

This is weird! Now I go to some of the threads such as this:

Return of Ahreeman and political issues!
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/club/viewtopic.php?t=1134

and I see my encodings also changed from

Western European ISO to Unicode UTF-8! So I changed back the first page but I stopped right there! I am not going to change 4 pages of design, quotes, smiles codes and color texts! For those who can encode more power to them, they can change encoding and for those who don’t know about it, Frag them!

But I wonder why my encoding got fragged! Was I reading a Tazi page before I posted these posts and forgot to change to European ISO? Did I frag up? Or somehow your frag up was epidemic and you started an epidemic over various topic pages! You must be somehow responsible because I can see you behind your monitor and you sure look guilty as Hell!

But I know for facts it wasn’t only you. Some of my articles also got fragged to gibberish! I just need to find time to find them and redo them!

Cheers

AX
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Postby Amir » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:40 pm

X-dude,

As I said before, I still have more to add to the Russell thread before I am done. Since you want to publish it, my suggestion to you is to publish the different parts as we go along. You can add new parts to the publication as I post them in the club.

That’s just a suggestion. The alternative is to wait until I’m done, and I don’t know when that will be.

Take care, buddy.

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Return to Comments on IPC Club Room