Taazi Defined

Everything you need to know about Iran. Information on Nowruz, Chahar Shanbe Suri, Sizdah Be Dar, Mehregan, Yalda, Tirgan, Sadeh & other Persian Celebrations, Traditions & Culture. Post photos & information about Iran. Discuss Persian Culture & Language.

Moderator: Club Operations

Taazi Defined

Postby Amir » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:46 pm

The term Taazi gets uttered by many, including myself. It is unfortunate that many listeners misinterpret what is really meant by this term. They immediately think that it is a term that’s discriminatory and promotes prejudice. They think it is meant to devalue Arabs in general as well as Iranian-Arabs. This is certainly not the case.

Those who love and cherish Iran and our culture have no need to devalue other cultures. Many different cultures exist in our world, and Iranians are quite content to let all the others stand undisturbed. There is no need for us to elevate ourselves by pulling others down. Destroying the culture of others is not the intent of Iranian nationalists.

Some misguided souls even hint that by using such terms, the nationalists are inadvertently working against Iran by not being sensitive to Iran’s religion and ethnic groups. They point out that such an attitude will alienate the minority groups, and specifically the Iranian-Arabic population of Khuzestan. They are quick to demand unity and scream “intolerance.â€
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Amir » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:01 pm

The Taazis’ handiwork played a role not just in Iran’s history, but in the history of many others as well.

Many civilizations were laid low by the spread of Islam. The Mesopotamian culture which had been integrated into our own Persian one was devastated. The Nubian kingdom, which was once a key player in Africa was demolished. The Carthaginian culture, which was placed into submission by the Romans received the final nail in its coffin from Islam. By far the most tragic was the loss of one of the world’s most amazing civilizations: Egypt. The only thing that matches my concern for what was done to our own Iran is my lament for humanity’s loss of Egypt's magnificent culture.

Fortunately for us, but unfortunately for much of the rest of the world, the Iranian civilization was the only one that recovered itself after Islam’s initial onslaught. Greece was also captured by Moslems and survived, but it occurred many centuries after the initial Islamic wildfire and under the Ottomans, who were quite different than the Bedouin Arabs of the 7th century. Fortunately for Greece, it was able to resist the initial Arabic expansion by utilizing its navy, and using a new secret weapon: “Hygro Pyr,â€
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Return to Iran: Country, People, Festivals, Culture & Language Room