UN strongly condemns Iran's human rights violations; Europea

Brainstorm for the future system, constitution & laws of the Iranian government post IRI. Discuss political activism, methods of struggle, civil disobedience, resistance tactics, revolutionary strategies, covert operations, communications, logistics & paramilitary. Iranian Political Activists, Democratic Movement, Student Movement & Opposition Parties can post their announcements here. Post: activist, resistance, combat & military manuals, articles & books here. Post IPC Website, Club & Political Operations' announcements here.

Moderators: Club Operations, Web Operations, Political Operations

UN strongly condemns Iran's human rights violations; Europea

Postby RonPrice » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:38 pm

This item is from the Canadian Baha'i News Service and the Baha'i World News Service(BWNS): UN strongly condemns Iran's human rights violations. European Parliament joins global outcry. the item was posted on 21 Nov 2011 at 10:49 AM PST
------------------------------------------
This message is from The United Nations Headquarters buildings in New York City and it says that:

The UN General Assembly Third Committee today voted in favor of a resolution that condemned Iran for its “serious ongoing and recurring human rights violations.” The resolution – which is expected to be confirmed by the full Assembly in December – also requests that the UN Secretary General issue a report on human rights in Iran again next year.

United Nations, 21 November 2011 (BWNS) — Using some of its strongest language to date, the United Nations General Assembly has roundly condemned Iran for its "serious ongoing and recurring human rights violations."

By a vote of 86 to 32, with 59 abstentions, the Assembly's Third Committee today approved a six-page resolution that catalogs a wide range of abuses in Iran, including "a dramatic increase" in executions, the use of torture, the systematic targeting of human rights defenders, pervasive violence against women, and continuing discrimination against minorities, including members of the Baha'i Faith.

Go to this link for more details: http://ukinkenya.fco.gov.uk/en/news/?vi ... =695267282
married for 48 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer and editor for 16 with several books published on the internet--and a Baha'i for 56 years(in 2015)
RonPrice
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Political Activists Room