Secular rally in Turkey draws 700,000

News, Commentaries & Political Discussions on Middle East & the World

Moderator: Club Operations

Postby Ahreeman X » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:39 pm

News

ISTANBUL (AP) — The possibility of an observant Muslim president is pitting Turkey's deeply secular military and civilian establishment against its religiously oriented ruling party in a fundamental struggle over national identity.

At least 700,000 people marched against Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul's candidacy in Istanbul Sunday, waving the red national flag and invoking Turkey's long secular tradition. Powerful generals hinted they may step in to resolve the deadlock over Gul in parliament, which elects the president. And many Turks are calling for early elections in the hope of replacing the parliament, which is dominated by Gul's pro-Islamic party.

Pro-secular demonstrators chant slogans during a rally in Istanbul, Turkey, Sunday, April 29, 2007. Hundreds of thousands of pro-secular Turks flooded central Istanbul to demand the resignation of the government, which they fear is leading Turkey toward Islamic rule. The demonstrators took to the streets following a sharp rise in tension between Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government and the country's powerful pro-secular military, which accuses the government of tolerating or encouraging the activities of radical Islamic circles. (AP Photo/Murad Sezer)

Pro-secular demonstrators wave Turkish flags during a rally in Istanbul, Turkey, Sunday, April 29, 2007. Hundreds of thousands of pro-secular Turks flooded central Istanbul to demand the resignation of the government, which they fear is leading Turkey toward Islamic rule. The demonstrators took to the streets following a sharp rise in tension between prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government and the country's powerful pro-secular military, which accuses the government of tolerating or encouraging the activities of radical Islamic circles. (AP Photo/Serkan Senturk)

Protesters and the military fear Gul would use the presidency — a post with veto power over legislation — to assist his ally, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in chipping away at the separation of state and religion. For example, secularists want to preserve a ban on Islamic headscarves in government offices and other public places; Gul's wife, Hayrunisa, once appealed to the European Court of Human Rights for the right to wear the scarf to a university.

Pro-secular demonstrators hold a portrait of Turkey's founder Ataturk during a rally in Istanbul, Turkey, Sunday, April 29, 2007. Hundreds of thousands of pro-secular Turks flooded central Istanbul to demand the resignation of the government, which they fear is leading Turkey toward Islamic rule. The demonstrators took to the streets following a sharp rise in tension between Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government and the country's powerful pro-secular military, which accuses the government of tolerating or encouraging the activities of radical Islamic circles. (AP Photo/Serkan Senturk)

The heart of the problem is a conflict over Turkey's national identity that has brewed since Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, an army officer in World War I, founded the secular republic after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire. He gave the vote to women, restricted Islamic dress and replaced the Arabic script with the Roman alphabet.

But Islam remained potent at the grassroots level, and some leaders with a religious background have portrayed themselves as an alternative to the secular establishment.

"We don't want a covered woman in Ataturk's presidential palace," said Ayse Bari, a 67-year-old housewife at the Istanbul protest. "We want civilized, modern people there."

A girl carries a portrait of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, founder of modern Turkey, as she heads to a rally opposing the government's presidential candidate in Istanbul April 29, 2007. Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul refused on Sunday to withdraw from Turkey's presidential vote, ignoring pressure from the army and calls from tens of thousands of demonstrators worried about his Islamist past. REUTERS/Fatih Saribas (TURKEY)

On Friday, opposition lawmakers boycotted the first round of parliamentary voting for Gul and appealed to the Constitutional Court to annul the process. That night the military threatened to intervene in the presidential election and warned the government to curb Islamic influences.

"It should not be forgotten that the Turkish armed forces is one of the sides in this debate and the absolute defender of secularism," the military said in a statement. "When necessary, they will display its stance and attitudes very clearly. No one should doubt that."

A day later, the government, showing confidence unknown in past civilian administrations, rebuked the military and said it was "unthinkable" for the institution to challenge its political leaders in a democracy.
"It is out of the question to withdraw my candidacy," Gul said Sunday.

The current president, Ahmet Necdet Sezer, is a strong secularist who acted as a check on the pro-Islamic government.

Turkey's Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul, the presidential candidate of the Islamic-rooted ruling party, speaks during a funeral service at the Foreign Ministry for a former minister in Ankara, Sunday, April 29, 2007. Gul said Sunday that he will not withdraw his bid after he failed to win in a first-round of parliamentary voting. (AP Photo)

A decade ago, the Turkish military sent tanks into the streets in a campaign that forced the pro-Islamic prime minister to resign. Now Turks are wondering again how far the armed forces will go to settle another power struggle between their government and the secular establishment.

The pro-secular military's threat to intervene in a disputed presidential election could also damage Turkey's troubled efforts to join the European Union, which has urged the Muslim nation to reduce the political influence of the army.

"We hope that one day Turkey can join the European Union, but for that, Turkey has to be a real European country, in economic and political terms," European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said on CNN's "Late Edition."

Turkish police, who said the demonstrators numbered around 700,000, cordoned off the area of the protest and conducted searches at several entry points.

"Turkey is secular and will remain secular!" shouted thousands of flag-waving protesters, many of whom traveled to Istanbul from across the country overnight.

Turkey's Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul, the presidential candidate of the Islamic-rooted ruling party, leaves Kocatepe Mosque after a funeral service for a former minister in Ankara, Sunday, April 29, 2007. Gul said Sunday that he will not withdraw his bid after he failed to win in a first-round of parliamentary voting. (AP Photo)

The demonstrators sang nationalist songs and demanded the resignation of the government, calling Erdogan a traitor.

More than 300,000 took part in a similar rally in Ankara, the capital, two weeks ago.

"This government is the enemy of Ataturk," said 63-year-old Ahmet Yurdakul, a retired government employee, invoking the memory of Ataturk. "It wants to drag Turkey to the dark ages."

Much has changed, however, since Prime Minister Necmettin Erbakan resigned on July 18, 1997, ceding power to a pro-Western coalition partner in what was labeled a "soft" coup. Under the current government, Turkey has reined in inflation and implemented reforms backed by the EU.

These ingredients, signs of a maturing democracy, suggest the military would be very reluctant to topple the elected government of Erdogan, a drastic step that could represent a return to a chaotic, polarized era that most Turks would rather forget. Yet, if it feels pushed, few doubt that the military will challenge the politicians.

Pro-secular demonstrators wave Turkish flags during a rally in Istanbul, Turkey, Sunday, April 29, 2007. Tens of thousands of secular Turks gathered in Istanbul, chanting slogans against the pro-Islamic government, which has faced severe criticism from the powerful military for allegedly tolerating the activities of radical Islamic circles. It was the second large demonstration against the government in just two weeks and shows a deepening division between secular and Islamist camps in Turkish society. More than 300,000 secular Turks staged a similar rally in Ankara two weeks ago. (AP Photo/Murad Sezer)

The court's ruling on whether a quorum was present at the vote on Friday is expected soon. A ruling for the government could lead to a second round of voting on Wednesday. Gul is the only candidate and is expected to prevail by a third round planned for May 9. A ruling for the opposition would stop the vote, possibly leading to early general elections.
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Secular rally in Turkey draws 700,000 - Commentary

Postby Ahreeman X » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:43 pm

Commentary

Abdullah Gul is another Gusaleh similar to Ahmadinejad. The funny ting is that us Persians always make fun of Turks and consider them inferior in wisdom; furthermore, we call them “Khar” (Donkey)!

It seems to me that Turkish people are much wiser than us Persians! Just because this Gusaleh, “Gul” wants to candid himself and his Islamic party to govern Turkey, people are rushing the streets to defend their long tradition of Secular government in Turkey.

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk gave the vote to women, restricted Islamic dress and replaced the Arabic script with the Roman alphabet.

"We don't want a covered woman in Ataturk's presidential palace," said Ayse Bari, a 67-year-old housewife at the Istanbul protest. "We want civilized, modern people there."

At least The Turkish Military Generals stood their ground, defended secular system and throughout the years, they did not allow Muslim to trash Turkey, the same as Iranian Gusaleh Muslim destroyed Iran on 1979.

What did Iranian chadori Generals done on 1978?
They handed Iran to Khomeini and Muslim!
Now their daughters like Shirin Neshat create heroes from these coward Chadori Imperial Generals! They create websites and praise a bunch of cowards whom combinely signed “Goh Khordan Nameh” and betrayed Bakhtiar and handed Iran to Islam!
I despise Monarchists, Imperial Generals, Monarchs and their Exiled seeds of Kun Goshads Jujeh Monarchists in America and Europe. The worst are the Pacifist Muslim Monarchists such as that Gusaleh Reza Pahlavi II.

While brave Turkish Generals and masses blocked the Muslim and Islam to swallow Turkey, our coward Monarchists and Chadori Generals handed Iran to Khomeni!

I spit on Monarchists.
I piss on Imperial Generals.

They are the most worthless of Iranians.
Loud Mouths, Wide Asses, All Talk and No Action are typical characteristics of Monarchists.
A Monarchist is a useless person to our struggle. I don’t know what’s worst:
Mosadeqists, Hezbollah or Shahollah?

After decades of successful secular democracy, now the Muslim Turks want to drag Turkey back to infection of Islam! The whole Islamic world is a pile of Shiite, but I guess Mr. Gul does not see that! His Lachaki Faheshe Muslim Wife also does not see that!

Legend like Kemal Ataturk did not establish a Secular Turkey, the envy of the Muslim world, so Gusaleh like Gul and his Whore Muslim Lachaki wife to reside in Palace of Presidency! Ataturk is shaking in his grave!

Gul's wife, Hayrunisa, once appealed to the European Court of Human Rights for the right to wear the scarf to a university. Dear Ms. Hayrunisa, why don’t you go Frag yourself with an Islamic dildo?

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, father of the Turkish nation did not commit to a secular revolution and had build the modern Turkey, so bimbos like Hayrunisa would wear Lachak in the Presidential palace. You want to wear lachak? Bitch go to Iran and Frag Ahmadinejd!

If Turkish people by majority are stupid enough to vote Islam back to power in Turkey, then by all means, the Turkish Military should intervene and stop it right here. Separation of Church and State. Get the bloody Islam out of office.

If this Guy gets elected, Turkey will become another Islamic Republic! I would not be surprised if Islamic Republic of Iran, Hezbollah, Sepah Pasdaran are behind this Gusaleh Gul!

IRI sticks their nose all around the neighborhood, so why not in Turkey.

To Turkish Brothers and Sisters

Do not make the same mistake which stupid people of Iran had done on 1978. Turkey is a shining example of the Islamic World because it is a secular nation. Do not destroy your nation and learn from your neighbor’s mistakes.

On 1978, Iranians had eaten Shiite and until this date, their sons and daughters are paying for the sins of their fathers and mothers. Do not make the same mistake. There is no glory in Islam. There is no glory to create an Islamic Republic. Islam is similar to Death.

Do not trash the legacy of Kamel Ataturk, the same way that our stupid people trashed the legacy of Reza Khan!

Islam and Islamic World is dying. There is nothing for you to join or gain by going back to Islam.

Islam is a disease and Muslim are the most ignorant and illiterate people in the world.

The Only Good Muslim is a Dead Muslim.
Do not destroy Turkey the same way that Iranians had destroy Iran on 1978. Learn from the Iranian Mistakes.

Today, we are trying to free our nation from Islam and Muslim.
Don’t destroy Turkey by infecting your blood by the virus of Islam.

You are not Arabs, allow Islam to go back to Arabia and die in peace!

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and Reza Pahlavi. Strong men of history who changed the paths of their nations. They don't make them like these two anymore!

Educate yourselves:

http://iranpoliticsclub.net/history/reza-shah/

If Turkey becomes an Islamic Republic, then you will take the dreams of joining the EU to grave! EU despises Islam. Civilized world despises Islam.

Reza Shah The Great, the same as Kemal Ataturk, was a man of steel and choked and blocked Islam before it even gets a chance to multiply and grow.

Do not stand weak against Islam. Shah of Iran, Mohamad Reza Pahlavi, unlike his father, was a weak Muslim and did not stand his ground against Islam. Look what happened to Iran! Learn from history.

In solidarity with our Turkish Brothers and Sisters,
We say NO to Islam and Muslim

Gul and his wife do not belong in the Turkish Presidential Palace.
Islam and Muslim only belong to one place and that is:

The Shiite Hole in the Shiite Can

To memory of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, I salute
Down with Islam and Muslim

Ahreeman X
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Muslim Majority, The Problem and The Solution

Postby Ahreeman X » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:06 pm

Muslim Majority
The Problem and The Solution

People often ask me many questions?
They ask me:

Problem:
What if the majority of a nation wants an Islamic Government? Then by the laws of Democracy, shouldn’t we grant them their wish and allow them to create an Islamic Republic?

Solution:
Folks, what if the majority wants to eat Shiite and die? And what if the majority wants to eat Shiite and then allow the whole society to die? Should we allow them to do so?

I am a Democratic person; however, I am also a Secular person. One thing is for sure. If an Islamic Regime (elected or erected) seizes power in a nation, then that nation will not remain a Democracy! Islam and Democracy are in contradiction with one another.

Now I believe in Democracy; however, not when the majority of the nation are Gav O Olaq (Cattle and Donkeys)! Thus the majority does not know what they are doing, and they may dig their own graves. The perfect example is 1979 when the majority voted for an “Islamic Republic”!

To save the secular democracy from Islam and the Muslim Majority, my solution would be to democratically act! How you may ask? When the majority are Muslim, then we must reduce the majority to the minority status.

Log Term Solution
One way to do this, is through education, cultural revolution and moral revolution. This would be the long run answer.

Short Term Solution
When there is no time and in case of Iraq, Iran, Turkey and other Muslim nations, my short-term solution would be to reduce the majority to a minority status, via reduction of their numbers. How you may ask?

Reduction of the population of Muslim is the key!

Formulas:

Less Muslim = More Oxygen for the rest
Less Muslim = More intelligent people in the society
Less Muslim = More modernization and progress for the rest
Less Muslim = More bright prospect for the rest
Less Muslim = Successful Society

The most proper solution to the problem of the “Muslim Majority” in Muslim nations is to reduce their population. This would guarantee the Secular Democracy to remain strong. This would also guarantee the society to remain civilized and stay away from Terrorism and take over of the Islamic Theocratic Regime.

Therefore, my solution to democratically save the democracy is to reduce the number of Muslim in the society so that they can gain minority status and lose the election.

This is what the Algerian Military had done in the 1980s to save Algeria! Remember?
This is what the Coward Iranian Military did not do in the 1979 to save Iran! Recall?
Do you recall the Chadori Imperial Generals?

How you may ask?
Easy! It is a piece of cake!
Do I have to spell it out for yous?!

Have you ever had an infestation of Cockroaches or Rats in your house or garden?
Now you can pussy foot around with the infestation and allow it to become an Epidemic or you can simply take a stand, professional mass extermination, cleanup of the present generation, their young, their eggs and even avoid the expansion of their future generation! This is called the most logical and professional method of reduction of the undesired population of a certain species!

Now did you hear me?
I did not name it the most humane solution!
I named it the most logical solution.

I am a man of science. I am a man of logic. I am also a humanitarian!

To save Humanity from extinction, I suggest we deal with the Muslim Infestation Now, because tomorrow will be too late and we will all be Dead!

This is called the Survival of The Species (Darwin)!
This is called Evolution!
But if you are looking for Compassion, sorry folks:

Evolution has no heart!
Deal with it!

Exterminate them “All”, let Allah sort them out!

I certainly hope that I have solved the “Muslim Majority” problem of the Democracy Seeking Muslim Nations!

I am just a phone call away. Just dial:

I – 800 – EXT ERMO

Extermo at your service and willing to travel overseas for any job. No infestation is too large for me. Just sign the contract, pay my fees and I will supply my own crew and equipment.

We accept Cash, Checks, Bank Wires, and Credit Cards.
Quick Results Guaranteed or Money back!

We have all kinds of solution methods:
Very creative indeed!!!

:scream: Extermo Ad :announcement:
:drum: :victory: :drum:

Do you have a Muslim Majority in your nation?
Don’t sweat it, just call:

The Extermo Man

I – 800 – EXT ERMO

One phone call away!

The Extermo Man, savior of Humanity from various pests!

Allah Bless!

Regards,

:firedvl:
Your local Extermo Man
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Return to Middle East & the World Room