Who will Win The 2006 World Cup Soccer?

Vote in accurate & democratic IPC Polls or create your own polls. The polls are only for statistical purposes. Post your polls only in this room.

Moderator: Club Operations

Total votes : 0

Postby Ahreeman X » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:02 pm

Folks:
Who will win the 2006 World Cup Soccer in Germany?
This is what you been waiting for, The Big Show!
I cannot wait for the tournaments to start!

Folks, have in mind that I am not asking you to vote for your favorite team, but
I am asking you to predict, which team will win the world cup?

So be logical rather than fanatical, OK?
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Postby IPC » Mon May 15, 2006 7:46 am

Argentina....Argentina..... A R G E N T I N A....

http://kenlsc.no-ip.com/geocities/earg.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina_ ... tball_team

CA
Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds (English)
Pendare Nik, Goftare Nik, Kerdare Nik (Modern Persian)
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta (Avestan Persian)
IPC
General
General

Postby Amir » Wed May 17, 2006 10:50 am

My favorite teams are Brazil and Argentina. But I don’t want to see Brazil win again…it would be too boring…give someone else a chance. So, I’ll back Argentina.

However, as far as who I think will win….that would be Germany. So, my bet’s on the Reich.
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby IPC » Thu May 25, 2006 6:58 pm

Iranians in general have a habit of not voting online. Why is that? It is not only in IPC but everywhere online! Indeed, compare to other sites, in our past political surveys and polls in the old site, we had the most number of voters anywhere online. But what can we do to get people to vote? World Cup is almost here and people don't vote!
Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds (English)
Pendare Nik, Goftare Nik, Kerdare Nik (Modern Persian)
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta (Avestan Persian)
IPC
General
General

Postby Amir » Fri May 26, 2006 1:32 pm

Dear IPC,

Iranians have a long history of lacking democracy. Even during the time of benevolent rulers such as our good Shah, voting was not a strong suit of our society. After him, the destructive Taazi regime has completely destroyed any hope for the expression of the popular will.

Democracy is a foreign concept to Iran, and has become much more foreign in the last 27 years. Although we were probably headed that route under the Pahlavis, all hope was extinguished with the arrival of the Head Taazi, Khomeini.

Therefore, Iranians are not used to the concept of voting, or polling. They feel that their opinion is wasted in expression, and most keep away. This is probably embedded within the Iranian psyche.

This is something we must remedy. Hopefully, when Iran and Iranians one day live under the banner of a free and democratic society and realize that their votes actually count for something, they may take an interest in the concept of voting; whether it be in regards to a political topic or a fun topic such as soccer.
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Amir » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:27 pm

Excellent games today! Fantastic matches!

Young Messi runs around like the Roadrunner…Beep Beep! Argentina’s second goal by Maxi Rodriguez is the best I’ve seen in the tournament so far. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful!

Germany is looking very strong as I said. I still think they’ll win, partly because of the home advantage. I am liking them more now.

The Argentina / Germany match next Friday will be the one to watch!

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Return to Voting Booths Room